Today is the first day that we are past due! The suspense is just killing us! We are both so excited and anxious we can hardly stand it! The dr. said he will let us go up to 2 weeks over before inducing. Please say a prayer that we don't go that far over!



They let me go 4 weeks with Justin then I went into labor for 32 hours. Chris was induced, do everything you can NOT to be induced,I ended up with NO DRUGS on that deal. You do not want to know my true thoughts on being pregs and child birth. Love You - Aunt Helen.
ReplyDeleteI will pray for you...but, it's to bad your doctor lets you go 2 weeks. Mine would only let me go 1 week over, which was bad enough, let me tell you. That one extra week felt like a month! Then, I DID end up getting induced and my son still didn't want to come after over 24 hours and I ended up with a C-section. Just be prepared for ANYTHING. It is really amazing how different the experience can end up being from what you thought it would be. I hope all goes well and good luck!
ReplyDeleteOK - Aunt Helen...I have to say that you totally freaked ME out and there is no possibility that I'M ever going to be pregnant. I am smiling such a big smile but I'm certain that Katie didn't want to hear your HORROR stories!!! By the way, ANONYMOUS...I don't know if Katie knows who you are but you made me even more agitated.
ReplyDeleteKatie, listen to your big brother: That beautiful nephew of mine, regardless of WHEN he's actually born, is going to bring you and Ben a lifetime of happiness and joy that (and remember this is coming from a MAN who has no real sense of what pain and agony you're going though...so take my thoughts with a grain of salt) you'll not think twice of his delay once he finally graces us.
I pray for you, Ben, my future nephew, and, of course, Mel, but, Honey (enough commas for you in one sentence?), once he's here all of this worrying will be in fond memory for, without a doubt, regardless of how long he takes, he will be so perfect that we'll thank God that he finally "got here".
I definitely don't want you or Ben (or my nephew) to go through any unnecessary pain or strife. I want you to be comfortable and able to sleep, and I want Ben to continue to comfort you and be content, and I want the baby to be stress-free...which will all be the case.
I love you all. Just take a deep breath. It will all happen when it's meant to happen.
Love always,
Uncle Joey
By the way, once my nephew's born, I'm certain that you'll have plenty of time to crochet or knit (whatever the case may be) a hearty, thick yarned blanket (like the one you made for HIM) for my king sized bed. It would be lovely to have by Christmas...or, preferably, Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteThink autumnul colors: rust-like oranges, navy blue, sage green, and...if time permits (which I'm SURE it will), a dark-silver border...
You think I'm kidding.
(Only slightly am I kidding...very slightly.)
XOXO,
Uncle Joey
Uncle Joey - I am sorry if I agitated you. Also, sorry if I agitated you, Katie. I did not mean to. No, neither of you know me. I happened upon both of your blogs a while ago and have been keeping up.
ReplyDeleteActually, I really intended on helping you a little and giving you some advice that I wish I had gotten. Even with all the classes a woman takes and books she reads, nothing really prepares you for the ACTUAL before, during, and after experience of child birth.
It IS worth it, of course! And yes, the baby makes everything and everyone forget any "unpleasant" aspect of the experience. But, as a WOMAN, who just went through it, it CAN be difficult, especially if the birth does not fit into a textbook definition of childbirth, like they make you think. I went through a bit of trouble after b/c I felt that I was "robbed" of childbirth having a C-section. I wish someone had prepared me a little better, that's all. So, now, I always try to offer advice and a "be prepared" sort-of message to Moms-to-be.
Uncle Joey - as her big brother, obviously you have a strong protective instinct. That is totally normal and great. However, as you put it, you are a MAN. Men can be wonderful and supportive and there for you, but they REALLY, TRULY, could NEVER understand what a woman goes through. Especially the hormonal aspect of it all. So, again, just trying to help a little from one woman to another. Not scare, not worry, not agitate. I'm sorry if that was the impression. Katie, trust me, the other woman in your life, especially those who have gone through it, will be the most wonderful, God-sent, people in your life for the next couple of months. Lean on them, talk to them a lot, and listen to them. Take care!
Dear Aunt Helen and Anonymous: Women know about childbirth. Men can only sympathize. I was not trying to be combative in my comment and I'm sorry if I offended. I'm certain that Katie appreciates all the advice she gets. I just worry about her and I don't want her to be scared. I think it's great that women support each other. So, I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteKatie: hurry up and have the baby already...
XOXO,
Uncle Joey
Just reading these are making me laugh --- Katie have the baby so he can join the legion of the good looking grand and great grandchildren I think anonymous is on crack,IMHO only. ha ha. Katie...can't wait for this little one to join the ranks. H&K - Aunt Helen.
ReplyDeleteJoe, did you enjoy your Wendy's yesterday??? :0)