Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quick Update turned Long

I started writing this post 2 weeks ago, then tried to finish it a week ago, and am just now working on it again. 
Cole had his 6 month check up on Tuesday, May 23 and he is doing great!  He weighs 19.8 lbs and is 27.75 inches long.  Luke was the exact same height at Cole's age :0)  Cole continues to get more and more mobile and rolls all over the floor like a champ.  I'm starting to feed him solids and he seems to be enjoying it.  Luke also enjoys feeding Cole, he is very patient and sweet.  I can not believe that Cole is already 6 months (almost 7 months now), he is getting so big, and is constantly smiling and laughing.  The past few days Cole has started pushing himself up on all fours, with space between his belly and floor, so probably only a few more weeks and he'll be crawling!  Luke is a fantastic big brother!

Luke is doing great and continues to make me laugh all the time.  He is a great problem solver and always thinks of solutions.  For example, the other day I was holding Cole, Luke said "he wants to roll around mom" I told him he didn't because he was fussy and wanted to sit up, Luke walks out of the room saying "I'll be right back, I'm getting his bumbo chair".  Haha, he is so smart!  Today I was getting ready in the bathroom, and I could see in the mirror that he was trying to get something off the dresser.  He stood on his tippy toes, then tried to pull himself up, he then walked out and came back with his stool.  He stood on the stool and got the golf tees he was trying to reach, and proudly stated "it worked"!  haha!  I need to start writing down all the funny things that he says, he is hilarious!  He will tell you "I crack myself up"!

We had a great visit with Josh and Kim, and then an great trip to Hilton Head for a few days for our friends wedding.  Luke and Cole got to spend some time with Nannie and Pop, which they also enjoyed!  Hilton Head is beautiful and I would definitely suggest it as a vacation spot. 

We have a contract on our VA house with a close date of June 17th, which is only a week away!  We feel very blessed that our home sold quickly, a mortgage and a rent payment, along with two electric bills, and two water bills each month is no fun at all!  We are continuing to pray that things go smoothly and will feel both relieved and a bit sad to say goodbye to our first home.  But I've said it before, as long as I have my boys and Ben, we can make a home anywhere :0)  We are meeting with our realtor this evening to start the search for a home down here, with the hopes of moving into a house by early August.

We are planning on having a lot of visitors this summer.  Josh and Kim just left, Grandma Sko is coming this weekend, then Nannie, then Grandpa and Mar Mar, then we are going to Buffalo, then Tennessee.  I'm sure that Aunt B and Uncle Matt will both visit, and hope that Uncle Joe and Uncle Jamie will also come.  I'm sure the summer will move by quickly!  We can't wait to spend time with everyone!

Hopefully my next post will come sooner!  Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update I have not talked to you in awhile.

    ReplyDelete