Cole was born at 8:26am on Tuesday, November 23, 2010. He weighed in at 8lbs 6.7oz and is 21.25 inches long. The c-section, which I fretted over for months, went surprisingly smooth! My doctors and nurses were amazing, and Ben was the perfect partner through everything. Cole went to the room with daddy and Pop (Dan- Ben's dad) after being delivered, and I went to recovery until 10:00am. Cole is amazing and we had no problems with getting him to breast feed.
We wish everyone lived closer so Cole could meet all his relatives. Ben's parent's, my dad, Marla, Bryanna, and Matt all came to visit Cole in the hospital. Dr. Solomon poked his head in, but was sick, so didn't get too close :0) My mom and Edgy will arrive this Saturday for a week.
Tuesday and Wednesday we spent recovering, Luke came to the hospital to meet his baby brother on Wednesday and both boys exchanged their gifts for each other. Luke picked out the cutest bear for Cole, and Cole got Luke a cool racetrack. Luke, so far, has adjusted beautifully! He loves Cole and is constantly asking to hold him and giving him kisses. He has tried to crawl into the pack n play with him, he doesn't really like it when Cole "eats" (I think it just weirds him out), and he likes to pull the blanket off Cole, because "he not cold"... haha, but so far so good!
We came home on Thursday at 12:00noon, and Ben and I took a 4 hour nap, thanks to my family, who watched Luke and Cole (Mar Mar brought Cole in to eat half way through the nap). Thanksgiving dinner was delicious and relaxing! My family (Dad, Marla, Bry and Matt) stayed to help us until Sunday afternoon and we feel very blessed! Thank you guys so much!
Today has been great, and I am feeling great! I'm still taking some pain meds, but have cut them in half. By Friday I hope to just be on Motrin. Ben's mom, Linda, is coming down to help on Wednesday and we are all looking forward to it. We are so blessed that our families are amazing and although don't live near by, are always willing to drop everything to come help us! Ben is off all this week except Tuesday and then he is going to take a few more days off after my mom and Edgy leave! Again, truly a blessing and we are greatful to his boss!
Stay tuned for the adventures of the Conroy boys!
Katie, Cole is so adorable! I can't wait to meet him in person. I am so glad Luke is adjusting so well. They are going to be great buddies one day soon!!!
ReplyDelete