It's amazing how quickly time flies! In 12 days Luke's baby brother will be here, God willing! Today we all watched home videos of the first days of Luke's life at the hospital, and some of Luke between the ages of newborn-5 months. Luke didn't really get that the baby was him, until the older months when he started looking more like himself... He was trying to talk to Ben on the TV, haha, and he also couldn't understand where everyone went... "where'd Mar Mar go?", "I want to see Nana", "where'd Grandma go?" It was too cute!
The binky is official gone! Last weekend Mar Mar had the brilliant idea to have Beamer (the dog) chew the binky. Grandpa then pretended to wash it off, and while doing so cut the tip off (as so many people have suggested). When Luke put the binky in his mouth, he quickly pulled it out and responded "Beamer chewed it". I then had Luke throw the binky in the garbage. He has asked for his binky several times, I tell him "you know where it is" and he responds with "in the garbage, Beamer chewed it". At the beginning of the week he did ask both Ben and I (seperately) to go to the store and get another one, haha! The binky has been replaced with a monkey that his former babysitter gave him. Now when Luke gets upset, or at bedtime, he asks for his monkey. I have to say, that I am extremely proud of Luke and his easy adjustment to change! If I would have known that it would have been this easy, I would have gotten rid of the binky months ago! :0)
Luke was sick at the beginning of the week (and yes, this was just one day after getting rid of the binky). He had a fever which spiked at 102.8... we did take him to the doctor to rule out strep. He is all better now, thank goodness, and is looking forward to his guys night out with daddy tomorrow... They are getting hair cuts and then going to watch Hokie Basketball! This will be Luke's first college game, and he is very excited :o) I will be enjoying a girls night... dinner with Bry (and drinks for my 21 year old sister), and then my friend Kate is hosting a little get together at her house to celebrate the baby- Kate makes the best desserts! Tomorrow is also my last day of work, so I will eat extra dessert (since I can't toast with an alcoholic beverage) to celebrate being a Stay At Home Mom!
 |
| Aunt B's birthday breakfast at IHOP! Happy 21st! |
 |
| Kisses Kisses Kisses! |
 |
| Sick Luke and Daddy at the Doctor- Luke is all better now! |
Cannot wait for time with my sister!! Can't wait for so many new special occasions to come with you guys!! SOOO PROUD of luke for the binky!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
-Aunt B