Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dr. Appointments

Luke had his two year check up on Wednesday and everything went well!  He is in the 60th percentile for height, 40th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for his head circumfrence.  So pretty much he is right on track.  The doctor was pretty amazed, as are most people, with his vocabulary!  She said she could understand everything that he was saying, and typically she can only understand about half of what kids his age say.  He got one shot, and was a good sport about it!  We were told to get rid of the binky asap... it's definitely more laziness on mommy's part than anything else... I think I will do it this weekend because we'll have reinforcements here.  We are blessed that Luke is healthy, strong, and hitting his developmental milestones :)

I also had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and I too am "right on schedule".  I'm one centimeter dialated, the baby's head is down (although still very far up), and my cervix is still thick.  Pretty much right where I should be for 37 weeks.  Wow, reading that back sounds pretty personal :)  Good thing only family and my good friends check my blog out :)  Haha!  The baby's room is finished, and this weekend we plan to pull out all the other baby "stuff", pack n play, swing...  I've got the baby's clothes laid out for the hospital, and will get my bag ready this weekend, just in case.  Right now, we know the baby will arrive in no more than 19 days!

I have 6 more days of work remaining, and I am definitely looking forward to that!  I'm going to miss my friends that I have made, but have every intention of keeping in touch :)  I've loved my job, and have been very fortunate to have so much flexibility!  But, I am definitely excited about giving my family 100% of my attention, and maybe just a little more attention to myself as well :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates! Luke is outstanding and amazing! Glad everyone is doing well. As for the binky, I still think Amanda has one hiding under her pillow. Lol. Try putting a little hole in the binky he won’t get the sucking sensation. It worked for all my kids. This way you are not taking it away and being the bad Mommy and Daddy. Take care and I love you all. xoxox

    ReplyDelete